Read Aloud 15 Minutes
15 minutes of reading aloud each day can change the face of education in this country. Learn more about this National Campaign.
- Reading aloud is the single most important thing a parent or caregiver can do to help a child prepare for reading and learning.
- Nationally, 37% of children arrive in kindergarten without the skills necessary to begin their learning journey.
- If a child is not reading at grade level by the end of the first grade, then there is an 88% probability the child will not be reading at grade level by the end of the fourth grade.
- Even in higher income households, nearly 40% of families do not read aloud every day.
- More than half the children in this country 13 million children will not hear a bedtime story tonight.