Welcome to the Kids Page!
The kid’s page is where you’ll find information about programs and activities for children from newborns to tweens. We strive to provide a variety of activities to promote early literacy and support learning.
Read Aloud 15 Minutes
15 minutes of reading aloud each day can change the face of education in this country. Learn more about this National Campaign.
- Reading aloud is the single most important thing a parent or caregiver can do to help a child prepare for reading and learning.
- Nationally, 37% of children arrive in kindergarten without the skills necessary to begin their learning journey.
- If a child is not reading at grade level by the end of the first grade, then there is an 88% probability the child will not be reading at grade level by the end of the fourth grade.
- Even in higher income households, nearly 40% of families do not read aloud every day.
- More than half the children in this country 13 million children will not hear a bedtime story tonight.
Don’t miss our TumbleBook Library of online animated, talking picture books!
A library card # is required from outside the library.